POWER UP YOUR VOICE WEBINAR
Join the Nevada PTA Advocacy Team to learn how to POWER UP YOUR VOICE! We will discuss the basics of how to be most effective at the local, state and nationa level. All are welcome to attend. REGISTER NOW!
2021 important dates
Mark your calendars for key event dates in 2021!
- March 9-12: National PTA LegCon LIVE
- March 21 – Nevada PTA Reflections Awards (virtual)
- April 10-11 – Nevada PTA Convention
- June 11-12 – LEAD Summit 2021
- Sept 18 – Nevada PTA Fall Conference
Nevada PTA virtual events
Nevada PTA has launched a series of virtual events including the Moving Forward Town Hall Series and Virtual Thursdays offering trainings and workshops for our members. Please visit the event page for more information and access to video from prior events.
Past Events (View on YouTube)
- Child & Youth Health with Immunize Nevada, Children’s Advocacy Alliance and Nevada Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Elections 101 with NV Deputy Secretary of State & League of Women Voters
- Supporting All Student: Back to School 2020
- Digital and Distance Learning with the Nevada Dept of Education
- Special Session Update
- Health and Safety for Reopening Schools with Nevada Health Experts
- The Nevada Education Budget
- Bias, Racism & Trauma: Supporting Students and Engaging Families
- Town Hall with Nevada Superintendent of Public Instruction Ebert and members of the Board of Education
2020-21 Reflections arts Program
The PTA Reflections program provides a space for students to create and celebrate the arts. Reflections is a program that can be done 100% virtual making it a great fit for 2020. Visit the Reflections page to get all the details.
New Membership Tools
Nevada PTA is excited to announce that we’ve teamed up with MemberHub to provide their valuable online tool to all PTAs in Nevada … free of charge! We know that this year will look very different and want to make sure units have the tools needed to be successful in our current virtual world. MemberHub makes it easier to run your PTA — engage families, raise funds, stay in good standing, and more. You’ll save hours on admin tasks, so you can focus on connecting with your children and engaging your school community.
Unit set up information has been sent via email to all leaders. If you didn’t receive please contact our VP of Membership for support.
Required SOA documents (Financial Review, Budget etc.) are now submitted via MemberHub.
COVID-19 & School Updates
Please visit the Nevada Department of Education for additional updates.
LEARNING AND ENRICHMENT RESOURCES
Need ideas for learning at home? Online tools to help kids with math, science and reading? Visit the Learning and Enrichment Page to get links to dozens of resources for children and families.
NATIONAL PTA RESOURCES
National PTA has many resources available for families and PTA units including newly released Notes from the Backpack. Click the images below to acces those resources.
New PTA Podcast
A podcast for parents, by parents. Who answers your questions about homework, bullying, school discipline, the transition to middle school?
Listen to Notes from the Backpack: A PTA Podcast and get the answers to the burning questions you have about how to best support your child’s education and development.